Glowing, beautiful skin reflects great overall health and wellbeing. As much as it’s important to look after your skin from the outside, it’s also crucial to look after it from the inside. This means eating and drinking the right things!
The very best things you can eat and drink for your skin are fresh, whole foods, and one of the best ways to do so is in smoothie form. Fruits and vegetables are a key ingredient, and whole, natural raw produce is among the very best sources of nutrients that are unadulterated and free of additives. Yet fruits and vegetables alone don’t provide a very important ingredient for healthy, youthful, glowing skin. This ingredient is fat.
Without healthy fats, it is much more difficult for the body to absorb and use the nutrients inherent in most juices and smoothies. Good fats are essential for glowing skin.
Essential vitamins like A, D, E and K are fat soluble. This simply means that they require fat during digestion in order for the body to absorb them properly.
So how can you super-boost your fruit and vegetable smoothies to get the most out of them? Add some of your favourite good fats. These include avocado, coconut oil, and nuts like almonds or pure organic nut butters.
Another powerful ingredient to consider adding to your smoothies is BRAGGS APPLE CIDER VINEGAR or a similar live, raw, organic apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar has an array of proven health benefits, including:
- High levels of acetic acid, or the “mother” – only located in organic, unfiltered apple cider vinegar, the “mother” is an active ingredient that incorporates powerful strands of enzymes, proteins, and good bacteria. These are what give the vinegar its murky appearance.
- Very low in calories
- Amino acids and antioxidants
- Inhibits harmful bacteria like e. Coli
- Lowers blood sugar levels and helps fight diabetes – high levels of blood sugar (even in non-diabetics) are a major cause of aging and chronic disease.
- Improves insulin sensitivity
- Reduces development of fatty liver
- Makes you feel full, hence is helpful for weight loss
- Lowers cholesterol to reduce risks of heart disease
- May be able to slow the growth of cancer cells and help shrink tumours
A small amount (5-15ml) of raw organic and unfiltered apple cider vinegar added to your daily smoothie can work wonders for your overall health and wellbeing.
Smoothies not only taste great, but when made with the right ingredients, they are a powerful food for youthful, beautiful, glowing skin. They should most certainly be added to your pre-wedding or event beauty routine.
Come back for our next article where I’ll share some of my favourite healthful smoothie recipes for beauty.